I’m gonna start reviewing some of the E-Juice that I’ve tried, and I want to explain how I am scoring them.
Some of the points below do not relate directly to the specific juice per se, but are definitely part of the juice buying experience.
I’m using a 100 point scale broken down as follows:
Mixing Options: 15 points possible
- Does the vendor offer PG/VG ratio specification? 6 points
- Does the vendor offer nicotine content range from 0-36mg/ml? 6 points
- Does the vendor offer flavor customization (extra flavor, add different flavor, sweetness, etc.)? 3 points
Cost: 5 points possible
This will be based on what a given vendor charges for a 15ml bottle.
- Is the cost per ml in line with what other vendors are charging for similar packaging? 3 points
- Is the cost per ml in line with what other vendors are charging for similar quality juice? 2 points
Packaging (shipping): 5 points possible
- Is the package secure? 1 point
- Is the package appropriate for the contents? 1 point
- Is the order correct? 1 point
- Is anything leaking/broken? 1 point
- Was a tracking number given without being requested? 1 point
Packaging (bottle): 10 points possible
- Bottle material? 1 point
- Is the bottle well made? 1 point
- Is the bottle childproof? 1 point
- Does the bottle include a dropper/spout? 1 point
- Is the label material durable? 1 point
- Is the label printing durable? 1 point
- Does the label list the nicotine content? 1 point
- Does the label list the PG/VG ratio? 1 point
- Does the label list a mix date? 1 point
- Does the label have a safety warning? 1 point
Throat Hit: 5 points possible
Throat hit is entirely subjective. This will simply note whether throat hit is present if it is supposed to be, or not as appropriate on a scale of 0 to 5.
Taste (Before Curing): 5 points possible
Taste is entirely subjective. I will be as objective as possible if I don’t like a juice I will get a second opinion to ensure it is not just a flavor I do not like.
Requires Curing: 10 points possible
People refer to the process of aging juice as many things, I think curing is the most accurate. I sample everything directly out of the mail.
- Can I vape the juice without curing it? 5 points
- Does it taste good? 5 points
Cure Time: 10 points possible
- Did it take more than 8 hours of gentle heating to cure? 5 points
- Did it take more than a week to cure? 5 points
Taste (After Curing): 25 points possible
Again taste is subjective. Since we vape this stuff for flavor in the first place, taste will account for the largest portion of points on this scale.
- Does it taste good? 15 points
- Would I buy this again? 5 points
- Could I vape it all day? 5 points
Vapor Production: 5 points possible
- Is the vapor production appropriate to the PG/VG mix? 1 point
- Is the vapor production appropriate to this device? 1 point
- Is the room note (the smell that it brings to a room when vaped there) good? 2 points
- Is the room note strong? 1 points
Tank Cracker: 5 points possible
- Does the vendor list this clearly on the site? 1 point
- Does the vendor list this in the product description? 2 points
- Did it crack/melt one of my tanks/clearos? 2 points
That’s the criteria for the 100 point scale.
Bonus Points: 7 points possible
- Are nicotine levels beyond 24mg/ml offered for this juice? 1 point
- Does the vendor include a free sample with each order? 1 point
- Does the buyer get to choose the free sample flavor? 1 point
- Is the nicotine level of the free sample the same as the order? 1 point
- Does the user get to choose the nicotine level of the free sample? 1 point
- If I have a problem with an order how easy is it to get it corrected? 1 point
- If I have a problem with an order, did the vendor do something to make up for it (freebie, discount code, etc.)? 1 point
These are things that I don’t necessarily want to deduct points for, but that I feel warrant noting when considering buying from a particular vendor. Scoring bonus points is a way for vendors to overcome minor issues with packaging or shipping related issues.